RevolveR notebook turns inside out

11 Responses to “RevolveR notebook turns inside out”

1. IWood says:

Awwww, man, I really wanted this to be a notebook computer. I misread the headline…but upon reflection, it would be kind of a useless form factor, wouldn’t it?

2. johnmcorg says:

Could this become the gimmick for Mark Danielewski’s next book?

Should’ve called it RevoloveR…

4. shanealeslie says:

How much ya wanna bet that this is the result of a 20 year old female art student who’s boyfriend brought over some Canadian hash one weekend.

wow supercool! haha, ya, it was totally invented while on hash.

but seriously, this wud be so useful. sketches and journal entries? i need something for my fashion designs and measurements. wow, this would be so useful!

6. Teresa Nielsen Hayden says:

Huh. I should have kept a closer eye on this thread.

Given how many people I’ve seen react to the Revolver binding by saying “I Must Have one of those” (or “Someone I know Must Have one of those”), I have to conclude, not that the design is stupid, or the designer is stupid, but that shanealeslie is. Efergus3 ain’t too bright either.

I’m also not impressed by all the commenters who complained because they forgot that “notebook” doesn’t automatically mean “computer.” I’ve never understood why sloppy reading skills and/or a curtailed vocabulary are supposed to be Boing Boing’s fault.

7. shamael says:

Meh… I thought it was a Megatron-shaped laptop.

8. Dewi Morgan says:

I, too, thought it was a notebook computer – some kind of laptop->tablet conversion going on.

9. efergus3 says:

My tea has worn off. This is special because?

10. The Lizardman says:

Can’t be 100% sure just from the video but it looks to me like someone has decided to take a principle from an old magic prop and put notebook pages inside it. Regardless, at $16 for the smaller one it could be a very economical addition to any magician’s tool kit (even moreso if they will bind it with the same color for both exteriors)