America needs a "Manhunting Agency"

13 Responses to “America needs a "Manhunting Agency"”

1. mlc says:

I suggest that the only good part about the scheme is in fact the name: keep a “manhunting agency” but let instead the US fund an agency to go around the world looking for gay men to date.

I just read the original report. Wow. I had no idea how many times the US and other countries have chased down an individual, with the full might of their military. I searched the web for more on this subject, and found that Crawford also wrote a book http://www.amazon.com/dp/1604413328 I’m going to purchase it and read it — according to Amazon, there are a bunch more pages in it! If the report is any example, the book must be great.

3. OrcOnTheEndOfMyFork says:

I would suggest having them watch the movie “Fugitive” but then I realized they would consider Harrison Ford’s outcome a failure…

4. Lester says:

I want a “Maneater Agency” if only to give Hall and Oates something to do.

5. adamnvillani says:

This reminds me of a “What if…?” idea I had a while back. What if instead of everybody getting called for jury duty every now and then, we got summons to work as bounty hunters for a month?

6. Beryllium says:

I recommend calling the agency one of two things:

- Stingray
    - Vengeance Unlimited

Bonus points if they can find some way to base it in San Francisco and call it “Paladin”. But if they’re going to base it in SF, they may as well keep the current name. :)

7. Brainspore says:

If “Manhunter” doesn’t do it for you then we could always go with “Red Dragon…”

Sounds like a job for Blackwater…

9. Modusoperandi says:

How about we don’t support bad guys in the first place? It won’t immediately help, but it’ll save us a bunch of “blowback” in the future.

I thought that was what G.I. Joe was for.

I WANT this job. Where do I send my resume?

Why not just resurrect a good old American name: Murder Inc. ?

I really liked the article. It posed some really interesting ideas about centralizing the war on terror. It was also interesting because it talked about targeting the people who are the root of the problem, instead of bombing the territory where the military thinks those people are, go after the culprit and avoid civilian and military mass casualty.