Wu-Tang album covers redesigned as Blue Note album covers

9 Responses to “Wu-Tang album covers redesigned as Blue Note album covers”

1. monkey_pirate says:

Wow. Those are really great. As soon as I get home I’m going to replace the album art in iTunes with these versions.

2. blueelm says:

Holy crap those are great!

needs more kern. i love the heart of it, but my training wants me to push them to improve the details.

4. Boba Fett Diop says:

Wu Tang Clan ain’t nuthin’ to fuck with, but in this case I think they might make an exception.

5. scifijazznik says:

I run a jazz label and do all the design for the CD covers. Blue Note definitely set the gold standard for badass sleeve art. It works so well and is so imitated because it simply good design. No other label spawned so many copycats. But the true testament to the vision of Alfred Lion and Francis Wolff is that the records still look completely fresh 50+ years on and people are still swiping the look to nice effect. I am completely in awe of the fact that when you look at a Blue Note record, there’s no doubt it’s a Blue Note record.

And let’s not forget the most important thing– the music contained within that exquisite packaging is every bit as stunning as the artwork, photography, and design of the sleeve. You can buy any album on Blue Note recorded between 1958 and 1964 and you are guaranteed a cracking, classic, completely awesome listening experience.

6. EH says:

I think “Reid Miles” is the name you’re struggling to remember.

I believe this would fall under the ‘counterfeit packaging’ part of the mysterious ACTA treaty, thereby rendering the artist and everyone who looks at this page open to criminal prosecution and possible prison time.