Carbon/Silicon's latest album as a free download

9 Responses to “Carbon/Silicon's latest album as a free download”

1. Loony says:

Well, I’ve listen to the entire album plus the two bonus tracks and I thoroughly enjoyed them. There were a few songs I suspect will start to annoy me if I listen to them too much (“Don’t Taser Me Bro!”) but on the whole a pretty strong album.

I do think some of his songs could be a little shorter. “What’s Up Doc?” is about him asking his doctor if he was still in good enough shape to party and have sex, comes in close to six minutes. It’s a fun song (especially for those of us getting used to being middle aged) but it made its point two minutes before the end.

But, I can’t complain. I have spent money on far worse. I plead temporary insanity when I bought that Hootie and the Blowfish CD way back when.

2. otterson says:

@scifijazznik: you got that right. I listened to a few tracks, too. Wretched doesn’t begin to cover it.

And yes, I am a Clash and BAD fan. That stuff is lousy.

Jeff

3. scifijazznik says:

You mean the guys from Big Audio Dynamite and Sigue Sigue Sputnik have to give away their music for free? I can’t imagine why. I can only hope the music is better than the design work. Or at least better than anything on F-Punk.

4. IronEdithKidd says:

Every time I see Cyrillic letters, I read them as Cyrillic letters. Every. Time. Backwards “R” is “ya”, backwards “N” is “iy”., “H” is “n”, etc.

This isn’t clever or artistic, it’s just annoying.

5. Mark Frauenfelder says:

Wipe your tears fellers, the wahmbulance will be there for you soon.

6. FZero says:

Since there isn’t a link to download everything at once, I made the following one-liner to get all MP3s in one fell sweep:

for x in $(lynx –dump http://www.carbonsiliconinc.com/mp3.aspx | grep userfiles.*\.mp3 | sed ‘s/ [0-9][0-9]\. //’); do wget -c $x; done

You’ll need a *nix OS (Linux, MacOS etc.), plus lynx and wget. If you’re a console freak, you probably have both already. :-)

A Mozilla Plug called Download them all will let you download them all at once.

8. scifijazznik says:

Just previewed a couple of tracks and, man, is that ever wretched.