Weta's new cheaper, delightful, detailed plastic rayguns

19 Responses to “Weta's new cheaper, delightful, detailed plastic rayguns”

1. rastronomicals says:

“e.g.” means “for example.” What you meant was “i.e.,” “that is.”

2. Johne Cook says:

W00t! Ray guns! I’m all about the ray guns! This is a great find. As much as I love the other ones, I couldn’t afford the price. This looks more doable. Want!

3. grimc says:

The names alone are worth a benjamin.

4. akb says:

And it must be fired by Act III…

5. arkizzle / Moderator says:

Handsome!

6. crashgrab says:

Dreams do come true!

7. holtt says:

Definitely three cheers for rayguns. There’s a fantastic dumpster on the university campus where the EE and ME departments dump metal “trash”. I’ve been harvesting some things out of it now for several years with the goal of making a set of rayguns.

8. glory bee says:

My grandson of 8 yrs of age has only plastic guns which he as yet doesn’t connect with bloo and gore .I would love ro send this article to his mother, my daughter who is a dancer , ballerina. how can I email this article?

Seriously?

I’ll start collecting rayguns when they can fire real frickin’ lasers.

10. kjh says:

Heheh, Marvelous quote from the website:

Experience duplicitous facts http://www.wetanz.com/holics/raygun-bestiary.php , endless background drivel http://www.wetanz.com/holics/index.php?catid=4 and astonishing testimonials http://www.wetanz.com/holics/raygun-testimonials.php concerning The Victorious Mongoose and its sibling weaponry in their natural habitat.

11. adwkiwi says:

http://www.wetanz.com/rayguns/ is the greatest URL I’ve ever seen.

You seem to miss out a few important details in the review. Firstly, how does it feel to the original real metal ones? Does it have any core to give it the same heft?
    Obviously, the other question is, how many shots do I get before the reactor goes into the red zone, and does it have a stun setting?

13. Tommy says:

Beautiful indeed. But I’d still rather have a Pyrotomic Disintegrator.

14. technogeek says:

How’s the heft — does it feel like a cheap piece of plastic, or does it feel like it’s actually got some guts inside the shell?

• cinemajay says:

Weta’s site gives these particulars on the plastic model:

Dimensions:
      10.4″ x 15.7″ x 3.1″ (H x W x D)
      26.5 cm x 40 cm x 8 cm
      Weight:
      2.6lbs (1.2 Kg)

• cinemajay says:

Er, the site also gives some narrative on it’s relative “heft” ;)

“The gun is about the same weight as a small brown trout (or two pints of Pale Ale) and can be fired continuously without exhausting the sportsman.”

15. Vanwall says:

Are there autographed Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers versions available? Commando Cody borrowed mine, and then lost it on the Moon while hunting Radar Men, or in the stratosphere while fighting Zombies, or so he says.

16. Nycteris says:

I have been seeing (and passing along) such delightful reviews about these things, a friend of mine finally bought one. (I have not yet caved in…) Wonderful!