3D printed branding-iron

10 Responses to “3D printed branding-iron”

1. CraigLA says:

Has anyone else bought one of these?

I ordered one for a friend’s birthday, and when I got it, I realized it only works with Cricket brand lighters… Which I’m finding impossible to come by here in Los Angeles.

Anyone have an old Cricket electronic lighter they wanna give me?

Tattoos are so passé…

3. Ito Kagehisa says:

I need one with the phantom’s mark on it.

For, um, research.

The idea of a branding irong “product”, which can be easily accessed / used in public areas (or other) sounds like an invitation to brand your name everywhere…
    Or more likely: on everybody.

Example: ape shit crazy guy decides to brand his name on the face of “his girl” to make sure nobody tries anything with her…

But maybe I just see evil everywhere. cough *paranoid* cough

It’s scary to live in a world where burns are going to be more cool than tattoos. Frankly, tattoos creep me out, but burns are way worse.

6. nancy says:

You guys missed a perfect opportunity – hot foil stamping! Basically using mylar coated with a thin layer of hot-melt adhesive, this is the process used to put metallic letters on pencils, leather, vinyl – damn near anything. The biggest drawback to using this process for prototyping and/or customizing has always been the cost of having a metal shop make a one-off bronze stamp. Your process should be perfect! http://www.businessmantra.net

just add alcohol and a few friends and enjoy!

Lighters have warnings on them not to keep them lit for extended periods of time for a reason. The lighting mechanism will heat up, expand, and explode.

9. Cefeida says:

“Since then, I’ve found it nearly impossible to think about branding without thinking of the young women of the Pearl River Delta with all those logo-marks — vector art from the west turned into curdled flesh in the east — burned into their skin. ”

This is far more interesting than the product itself. Yikes! :(

just great–in six weeks expect a rash of reports where people–think women–have had there butt branded by some nitwit joker on a jammed up dance floor!!!–