Happy Turkey Day from Mystery Science Theater 3000

9 Responses to “Happy Turkey Day from Mystery Science Theater 3000”

i wub you, crow.

2. latent_ravening_ferocity says:

There are hundreds of MST3K clips on Youtube. There are even entire episodes divided into 10 minute segments. Why would this one commercial be prone to zealous rights enforcement?

3. scifijazznik says:

I guess it’s not going to be a Patrick Swayze Christmas this year….

4. Tavie says:

All I can think is that Viacom may not own the rights to MST3k (unsure, web search seems to indicate that they do) but they definitely own Comedy Central, and this is a commercial for Comedy Central. So maybe other clips = OK, but Comedy Central commercials = not OK.

The clip’s still there at the moment, which is nice.

5. Slowermo says:

I’m watching MST3K right now! Secret Agent Super Dragon. There’s enough DVDs out now that you can recreate a marathon. And the set that comes out next week has some of the Turkey Day Marathon intros. Um, for next year.

There are several episodes on Netflix Instant, so you can re-create a mini-marathon!

7. BongoBen says:

Just precious! So many dynamics are at odds when you feel nostalgic about a show set in the future that makes fun of sci-fi movies from the past. Well, I love the show and have been catching it on Netflix. This ad shows the first host who was there when I came to know and love it; sorry but the “other guy” was always a stand-in to me. I happen to be from Minneapolis, home of the creators.

8. bshock says:

Sometimes it’s amazing to me what nonsense can bring a tear to my eye.

I loved MST3K, even though many of the episodes were not so great. I remember this “Turkey Day” promotion, and I remember re-watching so many episodes of the show on that day.

Funny what I used to do with my time before I had the Web.