Sophie Madeleine plays "Don't Think Twice It's All Right" on ukulele

20 Responses to “Sophie Madeleine plays "Don't Think Twice It's All Right" on ukulele”

1. hadlock says:

@#13, $150 for a decent condenser mic isn’t a whole lot when you consider that it captures 100% of the sound coming out of your $300+ uke. There’s no point in recording a $300 uke when your $10 walmart mic makes it sound like a $80 walmart uke.

2. PeaceLove says:

Yes indeedy, she is a doll. Thanks Mark. Keep ‘em coming!

Looks just like a Telefunken U47!

4. robotnixon says:

I’m pretty sure Bob Dylan was put on this earth to write this song for Mike Ness to cover.

This is making me rethink my assertion.

5. tylersweeney says:

the uke almost made a comeback.
    only to be buried beneath a pile of pretty girls with cute voices.

6. mermaid says:

She’s cute and all, nice voice, but the execution, meh.

:O this is the most beautiful of all the uke girls. im in love

8. taiki24 says:

I like it! Very sweet. I love the sound of ululele.

9. rockiemosley says:

I am so in love. She is simply awesome. What a beautiful voice.

10. BikerRay says:

Hey, hadlock, I was told there’d be no math.
    I was wondering how she would get around the “once loved a woman, a child I’m told” line.

11. awwhoneybear says:

i’ve never watched any of these videos you’ve posted until now. i can see why you love this stuff! what a gorgeous voice and simple sound. *girlcrushswoon*

12. SlashMatrix says:

@airdrummer

I disagree. To me, the lyrics and inflection at that point seem to reflect a wistful mindset- “Still, I wish that there was something you would do or say…” i.e. “Wouldn’t it be great if!… no, it wouldn’t change things at this point.” I think it’s kind of interesting how a little inflection like that can be indicative of layered emotion in a narrative.

But then again, maybe my interpretation says more about me than it does about her.

13. Gloria says:

Where are the fat, old, pimply women playing ukeleles?

14. collincouv says:

Yes, she sounds very good…but, can we please STOP with the ukulele covers. The “pretty girl playing a hip-hop or rock/folk cover” thing that’s been going on here is getting very tired. This manufactured cutesy-quirkiness is becoming quite a cliche. Mix it up… Cut down on the cutesy!

15. petergarner says:

This is one of the things the Internet does best: no multi-track recording, no video production; just a pretty girl with a lovely voice, her instrument, a mic and a great song. Before the web, this would have only been seen by a few dozen people in a coffee house. Now the whole world can see it, yet it retains 90 percent of the intimacy of the coffee-house setting.

Made my day.

16. SlashMatrix says:

Yeah! Play some SKYNYRD, Man!!!

I’m only joking… please don’t.

17. RedShirt77 says:

I agree she is pretty, that the song is beautiful, and that the uke girls are enjoyable.

One question…

Why the heck does she get a professional mic and film in her bedroom?

She under house arrest?

18. airdrummer says:

sorry, she’s beautiful (same thing that drives the palindrones;-), she’s got great voice, uke’s are in…

but her inflection @ ~1:39 (“do or say/tooooo make me change…”), while it takes great advantage of her tremolo (worked 4 joan baez;-) seems to mock the heartache of this song…

some of you guys are just awful. it’s a simple production, done in under 4 minutes, and put on the web.
    It’s not a friggin mtv video. Enjoy it for what it is.