Your World of Warcraft toon on a poster

12 Responses to “Your World of Warcraft toon on a poster”

1. Tommy says:

This is friggin’ awesome! I’ve been trying to find a service like this for a while now, and here it is! Very excited. I didn’t want to transfer to Alliance before somehow immortalizing my Horde character, and a screen shot just wouldn’t do it for me. The website is incredibly user friendly and there’s a large level of customization. The fact that it’s run by three dudes just blows me away- it’s so professional!

2. daev says:

*facepalm* SOE owns Everquest… been a long day. sigh.

3. Daemon says:

When exactly did they start using the word “toon” instead of “character”?

• djn says:

I have been wondering myself. When I joined my current guild in 2006, the British people in it were already using “toon” – I’ve stuck to “character” (or in time-pressed situations “char”), though.

• Jerril says:

Over five years ago. I’m not 100% sure which subculture is responsible for it, but it predates WoW. It may be a City of Heroes thing, or a Second Life thing? The Sims?

“Toon” seems to be used slightly more by people who don’t roleplay at all, but I haven’t done any formal research into it or anything. Wish I had, really, it’s an interesting devision.

4. daev says:

Cease and Desist from SONY in 5…4….3…

5. mgfarrelly says:

Yeah, I’m really curious, what is your ownership of a WoW character? I mean, you create the handle, you pick the armor and outfits from those provided, but do you have any rights to that character to make art, non-commercial or otherwise?

I’ve only played WoW a couple times. Not my cup of tea, though I do love “The Guild”

6. Bimmi says:

This is a Blizzard-licensed offering, I believe, and thus puts money directly in their pockets. And generating income is what WoW is all about, of course.

• johnnee says:

Yah. It’s Officially licensed.It’s even signed in cursive! :)

• Anonymous says:

that is not true, i know the man who owns this company, and he is a hardworking man who is struggling to make this company profitable, he is recieving no funds from blizzard and none are going back to them

• djn says:

It is indeed blessed by Blizzard – they linked to it in the WoW launcher this week.

As a side note, I have been playing with their (rather fancy) website. Not entirely surprisingly, you’re not allowed to make a poster without at least one Blizzard/WoW logo visible.