MakerBot is an affordable, open source 3D printer. It makes almost anything up to 4" x 4" x 6" using ABD plastic. Price: $750 and upOpen source hardware 2009 - The definitive guide to open source hardware projects in 2009 (Thanks, Gareth!)
- Open source hardware bank: P2P lending for hardware hackers ...
- Citizen Engineer: open source hardware comic and kits - Boing Boing
- "Sixth Sense Technology" Will Be Open Source - Boing Boing
- Citizen Engineer: new video series on hacking, hardware, and art ...
- Open design for a 67 TB array for $7867 - Boing Boing
- Open Source holiday gift guide - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.