Translated.by is a service for groups of volunteers working to group-translate texts into their native language, intended primarily for use on magazine articles, blog posts, and other short works. Presently, the language options are English, Russian, Ukrainian, Belarusian and Lithuanian, though the creator, Ruslan Grokhovetskiy notes that he can switch on other languages "on request." Ruslan and friends have used the service to translate a bunch of my articles and stories into Eastern European languages, and they're on the lookout for others interested in playing along!
Translated by humans (Thanks, Ruslan!)
- Chinese restaurant called TRANSLATE SERVER ERROR - Boing Boing
- Crowdsourced translation of Moby-Dick into Emoji - Boing Boing
- Machine translation fun - Boing Boing
- Google adds Persian translation, Facebook adds Persian version ...
- TED launches open translation subtitles to its TED Talks - Boing Boing
- Little Brother German fan-translation - Boing Boing
- Library of Congress uses Flickr to crowdsource tagging and ...
- Navigation system uses crowdsourcing for route guidance - Boing Boing