Madeline Ashby sends us this photo of "Elf" toys filed away in the Toys "R" Us "Science" section, noting, "My husband and I braved Toys R' Us on the final Sunday before Christmas to bring the happy mutants this FAIL. Our theory is that Toys R' Us committed a classic logic fallacy: science = nerdy; elves = nerdy; elves = science. It's the only explanation we can think of for what is an epic failure of toy taxonomy."
- Swedish children demand end to gender stereotypes in Toys R Us ...
- Toys R Us receipt cruft, an inch-by-inch analysis - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Toys R Us' sneaky trick loses in court
- Nano Air Vehicle takes flight - Boing Boing
- Weta's new cheaper, delightful, detailed plastic rayguns Boing Boing
- The $4000 handmade rattle - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.