Check out this German TV clip highlighting the failure of the new, privacy-violating full-nude scanners going in at an airport near you. As Bruce Schneier notes, "The scanner caught a subject's cell phone and Swiss Army knife -- and the microphone he was wearing -- but missed all the components to make a bomb that he hid on his body... Full-body scanners: they're not just a dumb idea, they don't actually work."
- Creepy "naked scanners" violate child porn laws in UK Boing Boing
- TSA lied: naked-scanners can store and transmit images Boing Boing
- Schneier: Fix US airport security by making TSA more transparent ...
- RyanAir: Airport security is like a strip-search - Boing Boing
- TSA responds to The Atlantic's article on airport security ...
- Playmobil Airport Security playset - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.