"Jamie and I were kitted out in fake utility belts. We've got hairdryers in our belt, a kids' walkie-talkie, hairbrushes and all that kind of stuff, and we were being followed by a camera crew and a boom mike and we get literally pulled over by four policemen and we were issued with a warning 'under the act of terrorism'."Children's TV Stars Face Anti-Terror Quiz (Thanks, Andrew!)
Rickers, 32, added: "We were stopped, not arrested, but they had to say 'we are holding you under the Anti-Terrorism Act because you're running around in flak jackets and a utility belt', and I said 'and please put spangly blue hairdryer' and he was, like, 'all right'."
- London Police poster mashup - Boing Boing
- Famous architecture photographer swarmed by multiple police ...
- London cops declare war on photography - Boing Boing
- Photographers win British war on photography? Boing Boing
- Terrified London cops spending millions gathering useless ...
- Britain's police "descending into obvious madness." Boing Boing
- London metro police poster - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.