Flickr user Normative's 8-minute video on remix culture talks about how this isn't just about sitting around your house remixing, but often turns into a social event among remixers and their friends. It's a very good piece, and resonates with fanfic and other social forms of audience participation -- remixing isn't just about saying something back to a creator, but also about talking with your friends.
- Gibson on remix culture - Boing Boing
- Good Copy, Bad Copy: superb copyright documentary on the remix ...
- Video explains fair use for video (video video) - Boing Boing
- Copyright documentary from Australian radio - Boing Boing
- Jay-Z v. the Beatles -- "Grey Album" food fight - Boing Boing
- The Tiger Woods Voicemail Slow-Jam remix Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.