Nuit Blanche

26 Responses to “Nuit Blanche”

1. chixon says:

The best part of the film was when things started going exactly as I imagined they should (she broke through the glass and he got hit by the car). The worst part was when I got a sudden feeling of dread that the whole thing might turn into a diamond commercial.

2. Fallingsakura says:

brilliant

This is what happens when Superman and Wonder Woman meet up.

4. scifijazznik says:

This just might be the best visual conception of how my girlfriend makes me feel.

5. misterfricative says:

Oh my. Sex and death and defenestration. This is superb.

6. pato pal ur says:

Technically astounding, even though they ripped off the climax of the Rabbit in Your Headlights video.

But did anyone else think that, given the subject of the short, this was a bit soulless and lacking human warmth?

7. fergus1948 says:

Beautiful. I was in a pub once in Manchester and as I walked in I saw a girl, sitting with a guy somewhat older than her, and she was so beautiful that I couldn’t breathe for quite a few seconds. I think my heart really did actually stop. I’ve never seen her like again.
    Well this video nails it (except my girl didn’t even look at me! haha.)
    I must have 600 DVDs and I’ve NEVER watched a ‘making-of’ extra, ever!

8. holtt says:

Beautiful

9. GavinD says:

That is some amazing artistry in this short. Perhaps this is a regrettable symptom of being bombarded with advertising every minute of my waking life, but I expected to be sold some cologne at the end, with a smooth, slightly breathless voice-over, “Invulnerable: a new fragrance from Calvin Klein.”

10. peterbruells says:

Okay, I’m quite obviously lacking in the romanticism department – after 1:52 I lost interest and fast-forwarded to the end.

Seriously, it has nice visuals, but I don’t see anything special about it. What is it you people see?

(P.S. No, the slowness wasn’t the reasons for my desinterest – I’m anxiously waiting for the “live” broadcast of the as-best-as-possible-restored version of „Metropolis“ coming next Friday.)

11. agitprop says:

As I’m watching it I find myself preoccupied with how it was made.

12. Grey Devil says:

Wow, i’m really impressed with this. The concept behind this is strongly executed. It’s definitely quite emotional to watch how it plays out.

13. holtt says:

I ran into this CG video by Alex Roman today that made me think of this one.

“A FULL-CG animated piece that tries to illustrate architecture art across a photographic point of view where main subjects are already-built spaces. Sometimes in an abstract way. Sometimes surreal.”

14. Steve Schnier says:

Beautifully done. I think the ‘making of’ takes away from the magic.

15. Question Guy says:

Won’t someone think of the car driver?! Call EMS!

THIS is why I love BoingBoing.

The gaffer’s name is Alan Poon. I love this film even more.

18. anansi133 says:

Best reason yet not to build human-shaped robots who can fall in love.

19. AlenShapiro says:

I *really* liked this.

At some point my “irony department” kicked in with a caption:

“Try not to get distracted while on Earth” – from the Super Beings Tour Guide

I reckon I’m the person in the car again…

21. Patrick Dodds says:

Where did he get those beautiful shoes?

22. Chentzilla says:

On the first take the car didn’t blow up as planned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPbvqP-kQSo

This is one of thee most romantic things i have ever seen.
    The power of it’s symbolism is nearly unmatched. Love can find a way through anything, conquer and overcome any obstacles. This to me is true Love lasting a lifetime making it through all of life’s ups and downs.

As an artist, I am a huge fan of saying A LOT with a little both in lyrics/words as well as in visuals. This is just brilliant.

How… just.. how? This is incredible.

all the animation the cubists couldn’t get to. which defines the super human state in satisfying black and white