Anthony Ausgang's MGMT album art

11 Responses to “Anthony Ausgang's MGMT album art”

soo MGMT , i imagined something like that for congratulations , i just dont know why , i just imagined that colours, that drawings , i love them.
    guys , when i grow up , i ll be just an artist , and you can hire me whenever you like ,LOVE YOU
    Bianca Ailin From Argentina!
    (i know you Ben and Andrew personally read this ,but i dont care)

2. Chris Coker says:

Watching for their album too and I really appreciated their cool art covers. It really inspire to make my own..i know its that busy but its really fulfilling. | ffxiv gil

which one is it?

4. Sketch V says:

Check out this cool interview with Rober Williams I just made for more great info on Lowbrow art:

Enjoy!
    Sketch V

5. B says:

A rose by any other name…. I love the cover piece (it blows my mind!) and think it fits MGMT’s music and aesthetic. I can’t wait to hear how it ties to the music of the newest product. As just another citizen of the planet, I’m mostly befuddled by the definitions, categorizations, and labels- though I see their importance in furthering the discussion beyond the (eye-based) subjective observation of quality. Thanks for the interview/article.

6. yhumofafironi@gmail.com says:

I love MGMT and always appreciated the art on their covers. I had no idea the art style started an ENTIRE art movement! I now have a new found appreciation for this style and sure it has met the standards the as new, up and coming art style in the contemporary art realm. how to make money for kids

Ausgang made also cover for Apollo400′s “Dude Descending a Staircase”.

mann. i was hoping MGMT was going to take this album seriously. the album art certainly doesn’t indicate that. oh well, hopefully it will be fun, like the last two.

Wow what a great article. I love MGMT and always appreciated the art on their covers. I had no idea the art style started an ENTIRE art movement! I now have a new found appreciation for this style and sure it has met the standards the as new, up and coming art style in the contemporary art realm.

-Maurizio Maranghi