Photos of 100+ different flavors of Kit Kat

32 Responses to “Photos of 100+ different flavors of Kit Kat”

You will not be able to find these at your local (US) Japanese grocery or novelty store. Hershey owns distributing rights in the US, while KitKats were invented by, and marketed in many countries by Nestle’. It’s a shame that somehow marketers believe the American market doesn’t value variety. It’s the same with our limited choices of soda, prime time TV shows, and televised Olympic events.

2. aleduk says:

I can’t believe there are so many different types of kitkat? I’ve only seen a few different types here in the UK. Does anyone know how many of these are currently being produced?
    logbook loans

The Apple flavor is wild!

I think I’ve seen dark chocolate in Canada. I bought a pink KitKat once in Japan, and it came with a DVD and a cellphone strap, so I guess it was near the debut of strawberry.

Was anyone else bothered by the baby flavored version?

6. pauldrye says:

I would hazard a guess that the Canadian coffee-flavoured Kit Kat isn’t for the Japanese tourist market. Coffee-flavoured chocolate bars have a history here (notably Coffee Crisp, which is undoubtedly one of the best selling chocolate bars here).

Until they were introduced in the US a couple of years past, m sister-in-law made us bring her a case of Coffee Crisps every time we visited south of the border.

7. tsdguy says:

Jlist.com sells a selection of these flavors and would probably get others if asked.

(Also a purveyor of all things Japanese, from the simple to the eye-bleach).

I would especially like to direct you to their unbelievable selection of hard candy drops, like beer, hamburger and octopus balls (yikes!).

Just a satisfied customer…

8. Phrosty says:

I was completely unaware that there existed more than one flavor of Kit-Kat. Obviously, I need to get out more. That ChocoBanana on the bottom row looks good.

9. wil9000 says:

French Salt.

French Salt?

FRENCH SALT!

10. ciacontra says:

We found Ginger Ale Kit Kats here at Uwajimaya. Tasted just like white chocolate and ginger ale.

11. PathogenAntifreeze says:

The green tea ones are actually delicious, as are most of the green tea & chocolate mix candy available at times in Asia. I wish they’d bring those to the US. I was thrilled when Starbucks brought over the green tea frappucino, but it unfortunately didn’t taste the same as what they had in China. :-/

12. Matt J says:

100 different flavours, but unfortunately they’re all made by Nestlé.

13. UnnecessaryUmlaut says:

Mind blown.

14. wasmax says:

I haven’t had any of these Kit Kats, but I have always wanted to have another hazlenut Milky Way bar like I bought in Bermuda about 15 years ago. They were terrific.

15. hbl says:

Is there a Baby Milk Formula flavoured one?

16. fnc says:

One of the more memorably delightful snacks I’ve had was a cherry flavored Kit Kat bar. Unfortunately, it was only released as a limited edition for Valentine’s day, and I haven’t seen them on the shelves since. I did know that Japan had numerous varieties available at all times, but I didn’t know Kit Kats had unofficially become the Bertie Bott’s Everyflavor equivalent in the muggle world. Come on Nestle, give us Americans a chance to take a chance on some new flavors.

17. Yep says:

Gimme a break.

I lived in Japan for 4 years and this was my hobby, too. I think I’ve tried almost all these flavors. I’d have to say my absolute favorites are green tea and royal milk tea. YUM!

Can Crunchy Frog be far behind?

20. phlavor says:

I can’t even put a finger on why I find this so cool but I love that I know this now, and its stuff like this that keeps me reading Boing Boing every day.

There’s nothing like a pork flavored Kit Kat and cold can of Crab Juice! Yum!

Red Bean kit kats are sold all around Hong Kong. . .

23. EscapingTheTrunk says:

The soy sauce flavour tastes *exactly* like maple syrup, for some reason. This leads me to believe that there’s a maple syrup flavour, too, and that it tastes *exactly* like soy sauce.

24. napstimpy says:

Only because it’s obviously related, here’s my gallery of 200 Pocky (and similar) boxes…

25. andreinla says:

I’ve tried the Japanese version of KK green tea. Amazing!

26. Flashman says:

Funnily enough a friend just sent me a cherry-flavoured Japanese KitKat. I had no idea such things existed and now days later it pops up on Boing Boing.
    I think she must have bought it at this store on Queen Street W. in Toronto that sells all sorts of Japanese goodies. My favourites though are still the super-sour lemon gums.

27. Flashman says:

In fact I would hazard a guess that this is the same store that your friends might have been visiting.

28. Stickbuzz says:

No it isn’t the best. Much better is Snickers. I ate hundreds when I was making my diy solar panels. However I would like to try the Japanese version of KK green tea. Where can I get it?

29. egipt says:

Kit kat is the best! egipt last minute

30. antimorality says:

I’ve had scores of Japanese flavours since I visited Japan for the first time last year, both collected there and ordered afterward (I get mine from http://www.napajapan.com/). They can be hit and miss, ranging from the terrible, such as yellow soybean, to the sublime, such as white chocolate and wasabi or this years Valentine flavour: dark chocolate with rasberry and passionfruit. Definitely worth spending a few dollars now and then to have some tasty fun.

31. Teller says:

It’s the Swatch of candy bars!