Birdemic: Shock and Terror

20 Responses to “Birdemic: Shock and Terror”

1. Meteornotes says:

I would love to see this. I love horrible movies that are so bad that they become entertaining. Like the stuff they show on SyFy on Saturday nights.

This still doesn’t look like it would be as entertaining as Shark Attack 3, though.

2. Hawkman says:

I was shocked and terrified by the boner I got from watching that!

“The problem is, you can’t make “The Room” on purpose.”

This movie was not specifically made to look bad, nor is it a parody of any kind. My roommate interview director James Nguyen and he was completely sincere in his desire to make a legitimate “romantic thriller”. He’s not some snarky kid trying to cash in on the ironic appreciation of schlock. Like Wiseau he seems like man whose sanity is questionable and who is convinced that he has made a great movie.

My friend just watched it last night at home and he swore the whole time while he was online. I am next to view it and am very excited.

But what I couldn’t watch was the actual premiere in San Francisco. They treated it like it was Sundance.

I laughed at the trailer because it was so bad then went to see it on Youtube. Birdemic had a few related videos posted. Some very negative comments were made on one of them. They seemed to be made from people who actually were cast or crew on the film. If you google birdemic warning, you will find a site that covers their complaints. Anyone attending the screening should ask if people involved with the making of the movie were compensated.

6. narrowstreetsLA says:

I sooooo don’t get this. Is it just me?

7. The Hamster King says:

Is this where “parody” wraps around to “stupid”?

I have no problem with schlocky special effects, or over the top writing, if you want to make a “bad” horror movie.

But, for God’s sake, you can find actors who can actually act at any local community theatre that would not look as though they’re in pain on every line delivery.

9. Cowicide says:

ITT – Arguments and/or complaints in regard to personal comedic taste which is about as fruitful as arguing and/or complaining about personal preferences in food seasonings.

10. voiceinthedistance says:

Looks ironically bad in the wrong way, as in plain old bad, instead of good bad. Sometimes it takes more than a tongue in a cheek to make badness amusing.

11. FreakCitySF says:

I was thinking birds on the mother Fing planet? But they already did parrrots on a plane, this is the weaker sequel.

12. nanuq says:

At least they didn’t waste all their money on the special effects budget.

Geez, Alfred Hitchock must be rolling in his grave. :P

The problem is, you can’t make “The Room” on purpose.

I fell for the hype and watched it. It was bad but not in a funny way. The horribly acted scenes and useless exposition dragged on and on like an SNL skit. The fist half of the movie is all about the creepy hero stalking and nailing the leading lady before a bird ever shows up. This isn’t even worth the time to download let alone spend money on at a theater. I just can’t picture having any fun at this movie even with good friends and a lot of beer.