Every issue of Spin at Google Books

18 Responses to “Every issue of Spin at Google Books”

1. bat21 says:

At least Spin is/was legible. Remember Ray Gun? You couldn’t even read the damn thing!

@VagabondAstronomer,
    Wayback Machine
    Omnishrine Wiki

2. gretagretchen says:

I have a few old issues of Spin specifically for the William T. Vollman articles. Maybe I can recycle those now.

3. dancentury says:

Google is becoming the virtual equivalent of a Hoarder. In my mind’s eye I’m picturing a giant bulldozer smashing a Kentucky coal mountain to feed Google’s servers so folks can read a Metallica interview from 1990.

Alternative Press was much better. They should scan those.

4. Mark Frauenfelder says:

Trouser Press and Creem, too, please.

5. kosmonautbruce says:

Awesome choice of example cover.

Cool. I remember a good article about Fela Kuti from around the late eighties/early ninties I wouldn’t mind reading again.

7. ronton says:

Sweet!
    I was reminiscing about “Desert Island Disks” recently, and thinking that’s something that would be cool if people still did.
    Do people still make “Desert Island Disks” lists?

(listening to Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours)

Why is it “awfully dated”? Why not “wonderfully dated”? It certainly serves as a visual time capsule… what’s wrong with that?

9. VagabondAstronomer says:

Okay, great, Now, where’s Omni?

10. Master Pokes says:

I miss SPIN. It was just “not Rolling Stone” enough and not so British as NME.

Haha, Awesome! Page 59 of the June 1997 issue deserves its own post,its a GeoCities ad. Seriously check it out!

12. bbonyx says:

I can’t see PJ without the words:
    “Don’t you wish you never, never met her” exploding in my brain.

Truer words were never spoken.

13. franko says:

i just recently let my decade-old subscription lapse. for awhile there, they had awesome, really deep articles and some really funny writers. lately the articles have been just meh, and the music they covered just stopped speaking to me. that plus my finances = sorry, spin. i used to get alternative press, too. i can’t stand rolling stone. the only music mag i pay for now is the big takeover. it’s only quarterly, but it’s so jam-packed with info, it’s worth every damn penny.

14. lego7 says:

Wow, now we can look into their past, when they weren’t crammed so far up The Strokes’ collective ass.

Let us not forget that SPIN magazine said HIV != AIDS, enough to set the AIDS movement back a year or two. Ugh.

16. Fred H says:

Sweet. There were two writers who covered both a Lullapaloza, and a Cure recording session, and were some of the funniest writing I’d read ever. I need to find those again.