Today is a special day in Simpsons history

11 Responses to “Today is a special day in Simpsons history”

1. dancentury says:

Married with Children came out in April of 1987 — so maybe they didn’t get the idea for the Simpsons from that show like people say.

2. Dolnor says:

I believe I got this link from an old boingboing mention.

Where it all began: Tracey Ullman Show – Simpson Shorts

TQQdlesâ„¢,

Dolnor Numbwit
    Eternal Newbie

3. TheFirstMan says:

Dammit, Dolnor. I was about to go to sleep.

4. Spikeles says:

Oh, i thought December 8th would have been an even more special day. The day when The Simpsons were granted “person” status by an Australian court.

5. zgz says:

I still remember the night when i first watched the first short on Tracy Ullman, I was hooked since then… for 23 years!

6. apoxia says:

Well where I’m from we didn’t have the Tracy Ullman show. I did, however, begin to watch the simpsons from the very first episode at the tender age of seven. I remember that I was one year younger than Lisa. It’s slightly scary to think how much the simpsons influenced by life. In a good way though :)

7. SKORPIO says:

What’s to celebrate? The show had 2 1/2 years of excellence, then it became The Flintstones. Pull the plug on this stinkfest aleady.

• travispulley says:

@skorpio – turning your nose up at a hugely influential piece of pop culture impresses me that you are quite the sophisticate. And from what I’ve heard from various talent agents about acts performed by the sophisticates, I can see how you would be unimpressed by the simpsons.

Also, I can’t help but think of Hank Scorpio in the brilliant episode “You only move twice” from the 8th season.

8. jfrancis says:

The streetview is funny. Bunch of guys in a car watching the google car go by.

9. Duve says:

Thank you for showing up to that meeting, David, and for all the beautiful, amazing work you’ve done since then.

10. Trent Hawkins says:

Oh… I was hoping that it finally got canceled.