Airplane repo men

11 Responses to “Airplane repo men”

Man, this got to be illegal! What’s the difference between this dude and an ordinary criminal?

2. forrman says:

Salon did an article on this guy last year:
    Sounds like an interesting way to earn a living.

3. Felton says:

I wonder if they have conversations like this.

4. loroferoz says:

And there you have a demonstration that is almost mathematical…

a bit of induction of the results here… and Haiti is shown to be the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere as of 1985.

5. PilotDave says:

Did you see the article in the Wall Street Journal recently on a bigger company that does airplanes and yachts? This guy supposedly has repossessed 1200 airplanes in 30+ years – THESE guys have done that in 2.

They have been everywhere lately. Seem to be a lot more relevant than the guy in this story.

6. JoshP says:

makes me wonder what stories he *can’t* tell us about what he wasn’t doing in about 1970 or so ish.

just watched this show on Discovery it was kick ass i hope we get to see more and wow the repo in foreign country’s i wanna see that for sure

8. JumpinTim1 says:

It sounds like private jet hire can be affected by the geopolitical situation on the ground, it would be advisable to take guards on planes when visiting such places!

9. ab3a says:

Man, talk about balls of steel, this guy had to have them. You don’t know what condition the aircraft is in. You have to know the aircraft’s systems intimately, and you have to be prepared to deal with some mighty scary people and a very interesting legal situation to boot. The opportunity for something to go life threateningly wrong is very high.

If this is what he does for a job, I wonder what he does for fun?

>>“The American embassy did nothing for me,”

Wish I could tell you the number of times I’ve been in the same situation.

Embassy staff are worthless if you ever need anything in an emergency.

I have watched this show since it started and won`t miss a series. Where was this kind of work when I was a pilot, would have loved my job.

I take my hat off to you Nick, your surname Popovich sounds Polish if so I am married to a Polish girl and I know how hard you work. Keep up the courage, you have one great career and I see you have your son following in your footsteps.