Man creates SF out of toothpicks

15 Responses to “Man creates SF out of toothpicks”

1. middleclass says:

That is some raw boingboing shit right there.

2. kmoser says:

an entire replica of San Francisco

Props to the artist, but this is a misleading, exaggerated description. Yes, he’s created a replica of many SF landmarks, but nowhere near an “entire replica” of all the buildings and landmarks of SF.

3. Sethum says:

Give that man funding right now!

4. RedShirt77 says:

Elmers glue? Really? I built a fea airplanes out op rulers and popsicle stics and used elmers, but it really sags when wet and I would assume a hot humid day could cause sagging.

5. TheVoBRX says:

What hast thou wrought upon the world, oh labor of love? Toothpicky splendor of a whimsical nature! What could be better than a lifelong endeavor, whittling away the time at things that make us smile. Thank you, Master Toothpick Weaver!

6. ToMajorTom says:

I know “awesome” is overused. But a life story of a person and a city with toothpicks and ping-pong balls? Yeah, awesome!

7. john says:

This is just too funny. I just watched “The Dinner Game”, a French Film about a group of intellectuals who go around finding “idiots” and having them over for dinner. The Intellectuals compete to see who can bring the most idiotic person.

The lead in this film finds a guy who makes models out of toothpicks, like the Golden Gate Bridge. Just too funny!

Holy crap. That’s bloody brilliant

9. Another Aaron says:

Holy @$#%# @#$@$^ @$#^#$#$%!

I’ve seen this live and I’ve got to say that it’s even cooler than it looks in the video. When it gets going, there must be a couple dozen ping pong balls zooming around inside the sculpture. The detail is pretty amazing, too. Interestingly enough the guy that designed and built the Perplexus also lives in the area. http://boingboing.net/2010/01/13/video-of-perplexus-3.html

Rube Goldberg would be proud.

11. Eli the Bearded says:

I’ve seen the model of San Francisco built out of Jello.

12. dbarak says:

Earthquake creates toothpicks out of SF

– BoingBoing, 1906

13. CheshireKitty says:

I originally perceived that as “Man creates Science Fiction out of toothpicks”

WOW.