Bag made out of a keyboard

30 Responses to “Bag made out of a keyboard”

It looks like someone got stoned and went with their first idea. They just took keys and made it into a bag. They should have at least added color or texture to add to the concept. As it is, it just looks like a dumb money grab.

so cute! i would like to have one.

3. lekatrik says:

“I wouldn’t be caught dead enjoying a night on the town with this thing”

Don’t you think that’s a little harsh, Lisa?

• dculberson says:

Naah, she means that literally she would choose death over carrying this bag. Fashion is that important to her! Don’t you judge!

this is an insult to both purses AND handbags–two words you don’t often see so close together. hint, hint.

Talia’s comment (#8) = fantastic.

Someone got the joke, kiddo. <3

6. Galadriel says:

Yeeeeah, most stuff that’s labeled “fashinably stylish”–especially if paired with “upcycled” or “eco-conscious” or “recycled”–is usually something I wouldn’t consider paying money for, much less carrying around or wearing.

There’s a huge gap between “can” and “should.”

7. Talia says:

I donno, I kinda like it. It’s got character.

8. Terry says:

Is it too early to order one of these made out of iPads?

9. Rick York says:

That is one stone ugly bag.

It’s not like keyboards per se have much going for them aesthetically.

Rick York

10. Angela says:

Horrible and ugly. No thank you.

11. Avram / Moderator says:

Oh, but imagine if it still worked as a keyboard!

• bwcbwc says:

I was going to say that if it actually worked as a keyboard it would be more usable. Maybe if they stripped the characters off the buttons and just had a basic black motif it would work better. I don’t know about fugly, but it is a bit too busy.

I have a fetish for IT nerds, and next time I go out cruising I would like to take this clutch.

13. Antinous / Moderator says:

Are there non-hideous purses?

We sell this where I work, or rather we are trying to sell it. Unfortunately, the letters and numbers look like they were painted on with white-out, by a toddler. Fun and cute in theory, but it looks horribly cheap. I don’t even think they are actual recycled keys; they honestly look pretty bad up close. If anyone can make a nicer one, hit me up and we’ll sell it for you.

15. Adze says:

Good for the whole ‘reactive armor’ look, I suppose.

16. Lobster says:

Meh. You could get a functional keyboard for half the price.

17. AKP says:

Wow. I really like it and it is unique especially if you are in the IT business

18. alllie says:

I like it but what I’d like even better is if it was a purse/working keyboard with a minicomputer inside the sides of the purse. It would make carrying a computer around so much easier, and you could have what you normally carry inside your purse as well.

19. blueelm says:

I actually like it *ducks*

I think the little wrist band either should have gone away or should be a chain instead.

It’s a bit simplistic and obvious. I don’t see, for instance, why keys couldn’t be worked into a part of a larger design instead of just the whole keyboard like that. Then it would still be able to hang like a normal purse.

Lastly, some one suggested just the faces. That would look good on a hard case purse I think, especially with some metal hardware.

But all of that is starting to get less recycle-y I guess.

20. Gloria says:

I dunno, considering how fugly some conventional purses are, I kind of like this. It’s got character, weight, and an interesting texture. I’ve seen purses with a similar chunky shape — just not made of used keyboard keys.

Might not work at a black-tie dinner, but a stylish woman could totally rock it at an artsy cocktail party. Frankly, I think the keyboard part is what’s stopping this. Otherwise, I actually like it.

I’d proudly carry that thing only one place: To my favorite local watering hole, The Space Bar.

I wouldn’t want to wear it either, but I’m a man who has only worn a purse while extremely drunk.
    Lisa, why wouldn’t you be caught dead enjoying a night on the town with the keyboard purse?

23. Grey Devil says:

I think it’d be more practical if one were to cut off just the top facing part of the keys, and then take those and add them to something. I doubt it’d be very pretty either, but more so than this bag at least.

24. travelina says:

I like it and want to touch it.

whoa, am I missing a joke? I don’t think it’s THAT bad…I actually really like the texture it has. I think the sides look a little forced, but I mean…it’s a keyboard, not fabric. I think I’d also like it more without the strap.

Unless your idea of a night on the town is a TED conference. And it is!