Well spotted by Joystiq as it was leaked courtesy the ESRB (as are so many game announcements these days) -- and later confirmed by relatively unheard-of developer Sabarasa themselves -- comes news that Jason Rohrer's early art/game essentials are headed to the Nintendo DS as DSiWare downloadables. Rohrer (now best known as the creator of Sleep is Death) and Sabarasa will be packaging his memento mori game Passage (which firmly placed Rohrer on the art/game map in 2007), his "mania, melancholia, and the creative process" reflection Gravitation, and the until-now Esquire magazine exclusive multiplayer game Between as a single collection, presumably with 2-player wireless functionality for the latter. GameSetWatch notes that Sabarasa had already quietly dropped the news of the so-called "Alt/Play" collection in late March, alongside word that Rohrer's iPhone debut puzzler Primrose (iTunes link) would be headed to DSiWare as well. Passage can also be found on the App Store, while Gravitation and Between can be downloaded for free via Rohrer's site. All the games will sit nicely beside Diamond Trust of London -- Rohrer's upcoming retail DS strategy game about the 'blood diamond' trade -- which currently is slated as a GameStop exclusive and can be pre-ordered now ahead of its projected June 1st release.
- Caught Sleeping: Brandon Boyer on Jason Rohrer's Sleep is Death ...
- SIDTube: Watch Sleep Is Death stories, play online
- One More Go: Passage, or why I really should know better
- Things We Lost In The Snow, pt 2: Passage hit the iPhone
- Hidden gems: Passage dev creating blood diamond DS strategy game ...
- Blood chickpeas: the paper prototype of Jason Rohrer's conflict ...
Just trying to live a wild, pure, simple life.