Student cover for Little Brother

12 Responses to “Student cover for Little Brother”

1. rmather says:

There are many arguments against the use of constant surveillance of a free citizenry. Most important is the matter of civil rights. Also relevant though is the simple matter of efficiency of the policy (or lack there of) in obtaining the initial objective. http://digg.com/d31QAbY

It isn’t plagiarism and it isn’t decadent in an artistic sense. It //is// modern, smart and appealing. You ought to post a link to her other work (if she’s got a site up).

3. NexusAspect says:

I haven’t even noticed that you’re on here, Cory! I read your book maybe 3 weeks ago and I must say that it is superb. It really made me interested in programming which I now study on my free time.

• DrPretto says:

Your nickname reminds me of my Nexus One phone, or maybe it is because the book by Phillip Dick “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?”

4. Stefan Jones says:

Very nice cover! The Bay Bridge is a nice way of noting the location

5. jeanar says:

Thanks so much for the plug, Cory!! If any BoingBoingers are pleased with the design and looking for a designer, I’ll be graduating with a publishing degree in December ’10. You can view my portfolio at http://jeannieharrell.tumblr.com [/shameless job-hunting]

• DrPretto says:

Congratulations, good job.
      I would like to help you, but I am living in Panama (Central America) and I work as a physician. For sure someone can help you here.
      Good Luck

• HerkyDerky says:

Your shameless job hunt is suffering from an extra period in the hyperlink.

6. DrPretto says:

You dont know how much I appreciate what creative people can do, when the tools are there for everyone.
    If the Human race had everything COPYRIGHTED, then we would still living in prehistoric times. Human future is built step by step, many people research for old ideas, and give them a complementary approach, and then you have something new, interesting and useful.
    Human knowledge should be OPEN for ALL.
    I think artists, writers, musicians, sould be paid for their hard work. In the Open Source software, there are examples of people donating for projects that were released as free.
    (please excuse my bad english, spanish is my first language)

Thanks Cory, and yes that student is a very creative artist.

7. pidg says:

I really like this cover, but for one thing.. the huge/obviously Webdings eye!

Otherwise great job :)