Pac-Man and Star Trek cufflinks

11 Responses to “Pac-Man and Star Trek cufflinks”

Argh! Again with the ‘eye’ in Pac-man. He has no eye! That’s from Atari’s 2600 version, not the arcade.

2. Permanent4 says:

Well, since we’re picking nits here, someone should point out that the original Pac-Man we know and love doesn’t have any eyes. And that Pac-Man is far too round to be the Atari 2600 bastardization.

3. G144 says:

I ordered the Star Trek ones on 5/6/10 and have not received anything yet, no notification of shipping, no nothing. I recommend you do NOT ORDER from this vendor, at least until I post again that he is actually legitimate and responsible.

4. Grey Devil says:

Very awesome cufflinks. Too bad i don’t have a need for such things as i don’t wear suits.

I like Tod Frye’s version. And I think he did a great job given the time/hardware to do it. He told me once that he drew the sprites on graph paper first, which was a common technique there & very appropriate given the resolution. He also did a lot more than what’s mentioned on that petty joke of a Wikipedia page…

6. G144 says:

Okay, I have now received them. They look like they are good quality, solid cufflinks. One cufflink has the slighter leg on the left, one has it on the right, so you are covered in our universe and the Mirror-Mirror universe, plus it makes a nice conversation topic with other Trekkies. I would now recommend this shipper, as he contacted me immediately after I registered a “dispute” with PayPal and explained that he thought I received notice of shipping.

Atari 2600 version Pac Mac?

No thanks. :\

As my captcha says, “it icky”.

8. Sean Blueart says:

Command Insignia, not Captain’s Insignia, sheesh! And, the slighter leg of said insignia goes on the right. Sheesh!

• TEKNA2007 says:

And, the slighter leg of said insignia goes on the right.

Maybe these are the ones from the mirror universe (where Spock wore a goatee, Kirk traveled with a personal cabin wench and assassination within the command hierarchy was how one got ahead)?

And weren’t there a couple episodes with the insignia on the tunic mysteriously rotated 90 degrees from vertical? Looks like they’re covering a lot of bases.

• David Pescovitz says:

Maybe that will save him from a C&D. ; )