emb7.jpg

Stuff you can't have via NotCot

16 Responses to “Embroidered Wonder Bread”

1. Cynical says:

Boing boing comments: the upper crust of punnery.

2. Nash Rambler says:

I believe the word I’m looking for here is “why?”

3. MadMolecule says:

It’s the greatest thing since… well, something or other.

4. Fred H says:

This is like the kind of thing I’d have an impossible to explain nightmare about. “And I was starving, and all there was to eat was this bread, right? But the bread was EMBROIDERED. No really, it was a horrific dream.”

5. Edan the Potter says:

This is a pretty great blog! From the About page: “This is an online catalog of impossibilities … Nothing in this catalog is for sale. Enjoy.”

If you go to the second page of posts, there’s a whole series of Wonder Bread art.

But I can’t have it… Now I want it MORE!!!

6. dculberson says:

I bet it tastes better now.

7. Phikus says:

D’oh! Will the wonders never cease?

I hate to seem crusty, but this sort of thing leaves me stale. A half-baked idea at best, I have to ask what gave rise to this? After all, if they were really cooking, then what they’d be serving up would be toast. I’m just not in loaf with it, I guess, and so needles to say, sew what? Artists always seem to halve the looming need for both bread and threads, so this I must pan, no matter how you slice it. That’s all I have to say in this bread thread.

• freshacconci says:

Don’t know whether to slap you on the back or across the face for that…

• Matt Deckard says:

You took all the puns! Why don’t you leave some fun for the rest of us next time?

• Phikus says:

I dunno, if you feel the kneed, I’m sure there’s some floury and rye commentary that could still be made about this oventually, unless you know butter. This is my strong convection.

I mean, you could spin quite a yarn without fabricating any of it, stringing us all along with your thimble-ism and amazing text-style until you have us pinned down and we’re stranded with the wool over our eyes. You cotton, or do I need to get Polly / Esther all tied up in this?

8. Rich Keller says:

This is probably the one and only way you’ll ever get enough fiber from a slice of Wonder Bread. I might raid my wife’s floss supply so I can do this to a chicken or turkey before roasting it.