Bazinga! Play now to win cool stuff and help fix the world

11 Responses to “Bazinga! Play now to win cool stuff and help fix the world”

Thanks for the inspiration to donate some money where it’s needed.

Zikzak, I suspect that many companies would prefer not to be featured in a Bazinga. Naming their product while showing a different one isn’t something on which most companies want to spend marketing dollars.

2. zikzak says:

It’s a cool idea, and might be fun if it weren’t just a vehicle for not-so-subtle product placement. Even when I got an answer right, I still felt like a sucker for voluntarily sitting through a thinly disguised advertisement.

• Anonymous says:

Ha! I wish! None of the brands or companies featured in the quiz had anything whatsoever to do with it. We receieved absolutely no financial incentives. It is 100% pure charity through and through.

• David K. Israel says:

Thanks zikzak: Were that only the case ;-) – No one was approached by any advertisers or companies in the making of the game. We picked products/brands based on familiarity only.

• zikzak says:

Really? Huh, if you say so. I guess either I’m out of touch with the ubiquity of corporate brands as a cultural reference point, or y’all are missing out on a paycheck!

How do I make the donation? I’ve done the quiz twice but… I would like to donate $$$.

4. Rob Beschizza says:

Zikzak, if the mere presence of products in a pop culture quiz makes you assume (and accuse) the organizers of being corruptly paid to put them there, you need to take a vacation from yourself.

5. proletariat says:

An interesting idea horribly executed.

6. mwiik says:

Well, I had no idea about the example Phantom Menace / Attack of the Clones question since I didn’t see the latter and didn’t pay attention to the former when it came on TV. So I’ll pass, thanks….

7. David K. Israel says:

Thanks! All you have to do is make a donation to a charity or 501c3 YOU support… and tell us which one and how much. It’s ALL on the honor policy. We won’t ask for any private info from you. Cool?