Boing Boing exclusive: trailer for Winnebago Man documentary

15 Responses to “Boing Boing exclusive: trailer for Winnebago Man documentary”

1. BernSousa says:

The Revelation Film Festival in Perth, Western Australia screened this film as part of its 2009 season. It was INCREDIBLY funny and moving, had excellent word of mouth attendance, and when the producer and director actually rang up Jack and spoke to him live in front of a rapt audience, it was just magic.

I’m so glad Winnebago Man is getting a US and Canada release, it’s just a fantastic film – get everyone you know to go and see it!

This movie is fantastic. Not only is it completely entertaining from beginning to end but touching too. Congratulations Ben!!!

3. Grant Hamilton says:

This movie is fantastic. I had the pleasure to see it at its premiere at SXSW last year. I also had the honor to have my Polaroid photos used in the opening credits. As Anon #4 says, Ben is a super-nice guy and I’m very happy for him that he got a distribution deal.

4. steelball says:

STEAL THIS MOVIE PITCH!

How about the ultimate buddy flick with Winnebago Man and Epic Beard Man? I’m sure it would be full of flowery commentary.

5. DeWynken says:

“Does anybody believe this shit?”

6. Slowermo says:

This trailer reminds me of the Best Worst Movie teaser:

Even down to the phone message.

Which is fitting since these are the two documentaries I most want to see.

7. joelfreeman says:

Saw W.M. clip for the first time yesterday. It was a segment for YouTube’s 5th anniversary featuring Conan O’Briens’s top 5 favourite clips. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxhoz4HQAh8&feature=player_embedded

8. Baldylocks says:

I saw this about a year ago at my local art theater, these guys actually met him

I saw this movie at IFFB and it was phenomenal. Ben Steinbauer is a really nice guy, too.

There was this crazy lady in the audience who totally didn’t get the film, and asked why the filmmakers would want to ruin someone’s life by spreading a movie like that. Steinbauer was really nice about it and tried to explain that he didn’t actually do that, but she just didn’t understand. It was hilarious

10. Suburbancowboy says:

I NEED to see this movie!

bonus having the Found Footage Festival guys in the movie.

There was an Florida old folk song I heard about 30 years ago, written by Don Grooms (deceased) called Winnebago. Some of the lyrics, as far as I can recall, went something like:

Now Winnebago as we all know
    is an old Indian name.
    It means standing stagnant water;
    it ain’t no claim to fame.

But the sunshine state
    thinks they’re just great
    and they smell just like a rose.
    It’s some man from Michigan
    in a gol’ darn Winnebago.

They got their ol’ CB and a color TV
    and every third car on the road.
    It’s some man from Michigan
    in a gol’ darn Winnebago.

12. word_virus says:

MY MIND IS A PIECE OF SHIT

13. Marshall says:

This movie is epic. Cinefamily screened it last year and it blows Birdemic away.

14. jahknow says:

…you might also like 1997′s “Ernest Borgnine on the Bus” from Jeff Krulik (best known for co-directing “Heavy Metal Parking Lot”).

15. aexley says:

Whoa! Holy Crap! I know EXACTLY who this guy is! I used to work for Kinko’s in Redding, CA and Jack used to come in fairly regularly. He sometimes had a difficult time with my other co-workers, not really bad, but he didn’t have a lot of patience. We seemed to get along well, so I would usually be his go-to guy. I quite liked him and would spend a half-hour or so speaking with him on each visit. He has some very insightful things to say and was a pleasure to talk to. That said, I wouldn’t want to be on the wrong side of his temper. Aside from his intelligence, razor sharp wit and expansive vocabulary, he’s also about six-foot-five and can be quite intimidating, even at his age. I don’t work for Kinko’s anymore and I don’t miss much, but he’s one of the customers that I do miss.