Kids in the Ugandan town of Masindi kludged together this awesome homebrew radio, scavenging parts from a broken set and improvising the speaker and power supply with a lot of verve and ingenuity.
- Afrigadgets: homemade model airplane from Kenya
- A DIY manufacturing event for Africa, "Maker-style," in 2009 ...
- DIY gadgets in Africa: the knife-sharpening bicycle
- Kenyan blacksmiths make bellows from cement sacks
- Blacksmith recycles everything; uses old bike as bellows - Boing ...
- Simple Nut Sheller for African Villages Gadgets