Mars Attacks wall graphics in Boing Boing Bazaar

14 Responses to “Mars Attacks wall graphics in Boing Boing Bazaar”

1. Stefan Jones says:

Oh, dear.

I recently decluttered my living room. It looks good . . . but kind of bleak and beige.

I’ve been thinking a nice print. Maybe an Ansel Adams.

But now Mark has put baaaad ideas in my head.

2. Than Saffel says:

Next time you use your child for scale please ask her to hold a geologist’s hammer.

3. Clifton says:

Wow. I saw the movie and never realized it was based on something specific, as opposed to general ’60s SF. Neat.

You know, you had me – love the print, awesome, want. Go to order that specific print – can’t find it from any of the links, and I paged (rather slowly) through all the LTL posters. To get the specific print featured, you have to search specifically for that. No product link for it otherwise. On top of that, the “see all” links don’t actually show you all products – it just shows you another paginated view. On top of *that*, if you do manage to search for “prize captive”, add it to the cart, it asks you for your shipping address, which you enter, then shoves you off to paypal – which immediately assumes that your billing address is the same as your shipping address. No way to enter a separate billing address.

Worst. E-commerce. Ever. Fail.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

If you follow the link at the bottom of the post, the featured poster is the first item in the first row, although the image is rotated 90°. Clicking that takes you right to the page where you can add it to your cart.

No way to enter a separate billing address.

We’ll check into it.

• holtt says:

The image order is random – reload a few times and it changes. Also, could anyone else actually find it on the top link? I paged and paged but didn’t see it. Only later did I try the bottom link.

• Anonymous says:

We are working to improve our Makers Market storefront, and optimally feature the entire Mars Attacks wall graphics catalog. And you are right. There is definitely room for improvement. IF you are so inclined, kindly contact me directly and I will get this sorted out to your absolute satisfaction, and I apologize for any inconvenience. john@LTLprints.com

interesting article on the origin of some of those cards:

6. jimh says:

Ack! Ack!

7. Pantograph says:

It’s a trap! When I got my print they didn’t include the well mannered girl. I got a chain smoking two-year old Indonesian boy.

• David Carroll says:

You forgot to read the micro-fine print:

“Supplied child may not be as illustrated”

No refund for you!

;)

Hmm yea, I didn’t even see the bottom link until I saw the comment about it. Top link goes to the BBB store where I couldn’t find the posters.

9. dhalgren says:

Now this is awesome. Thank you.

10. A New Challenger says:

When the movie came out I learned about the original card series from an article in Disney Adventures (which was actually a pretty stellar kid’s mag for some time.) The card that they featured/I really remember from it is “Destroying A Dog,” and I now have an urge to get a nice, blown-up version. This is awesome.