Keytar-playing platypus explained

18 Responses to “Keytar-playing platypus explained”

must have t-shirt. please someone make t-shirt…..

gopher??? GOPHER?!

that is obviously a beaver.

how could you confuse one of the world most industrious mammals and oregon state mascot with an internet protocol?

geek fail

3. Enormo says:

No… no explanation needed.

4. DarthVain says:

Don’t forget about the “poison barbs”… by my count that makes it either 1/3 spider or snake.

5. Mark Frauenfelder says:

This wins for the best thing I’ve seen today.

6. Alex_M says:

Platypi are awesome. Keytars are awesome. Figures!

7. dragonfrog says:

Does this mean that I can get this on a T-shirt? I can’t quite figure it out…

The Platypus has always been a musical animal. Here’s one that sings

9. axoplasm says:

If this isn’t already the new Oregon state flag, it should be.

Suddenly it all makes sense.

Love the image, but I feel that Richard Dawkins might disapprove. He wouldn’t want people to confuse the platypus with the evolutionary principle of a “common ancestor” that links ducks and gophers(is it a gopher? I’m an ignorant Australian!), with the pure mash-up genius of the keytar. Another reason to buy the t-shirt!

• Boondocker says:

Good lord, man, that’s a beaver, not a gopher! You can tell by the broad, flat tail, the socialized medicine, and the fact that he’s playing a Tom Sawyer/New Orleans is Sinking/If I Had $1000000 medley.

• Brainspore says:

Are you suggesting that the keytar is a common ancestor of both guitars and electronic keyboards?

• Anonymous says:

Well sure, the keytar is obviously the common ancestor of both guitars and keyboards, Spore!

Keytars are the final instar of the offspring of an accordion and a ukulele (which are of course true primordial musical instrument forms). Keytars rarely breed true, so half their offspring are keyboards and half are guitars. Keyboards are mostly sterile, with the occasional exception producing harpsichords and glockenspiels, but guitars are prolific and randy little devils.