Sweet Tooth: gripping, post-apocalyptic graphic novel off to a killer start

9 Responses to “Sweet Tooth: gripping, post-apocalyptic graphic novel off to a killer start”

1. Daemon says:

Tons of bonus points for it not being about zombies.

2. BobMarket says:

Isn’t this a comic book, not a graphic novel? And aren’t people purchasing the trade paperback? I saw the boing boing review on the top of the latest ish and it confused me as to your use of the term “graphic novel” for what is clearly a comic book.

Two things here I really like – your posts about cool new comic trades, and Vertigo’s cheap first volumes. Of course, my local store has this one priced at £15 for some insane reason – most trades are £10, and most of the Vertigo first volumes are £7.50… and the price on the back still says $10.

I hate Forbidden Planet, they’re gouging scum who also break street date on D&D supplements and whack the price up £5+ for a month.

4. hassan-i-sabbah says:

Fuck Forbidden Planet!Support yer local weird comic guy!Here in Edinburgh I goto Deadhaed comics.(not spammin’hes just a good guy)

5. hassan-i-sabbah says:

deadhead (typo)

6. jamesneysmith says:

I love Jeff Lemire but had no idea he was coming out with a new book. This looks very appealing. Might have to pick it up on the way home from work. For those who aren’t familiar with his work you need to check out the Essex County Trilogy.

7. an0nymous says:

I’ve been reading the single issues. It’s full of unrealized potential.. if I were starting out now I’ld wait a bit more to see what people think in 6 months.

Oh, did someone say zombies?
    look walking dead tv show for AMC!

This was an awesome book. Based on the recommendation, I purchased it – the first graphic novel I’ve purchased in 15 years. I was not disappointed, and I look forward to the 2nd book in December.

Sounds a bit like a twisted version of The Road…