Tom the Dancing Bug: Super-Fun-Pak Comix

PREV • INDEXNEXT

ttdbfunpak.png992cb-sfpc82-percival-dunwoody.png

13 Responses to “Tom the Dancing Bug: Super-Fun-Pak Comix”

1. markbellis says:

Thanks for the cartoons! Have you ever seen “Adventures of Picasso”? Really funny Swedish movie!

2. Ito Kagehisa says:

N00b time travelers always try to kill Hitler.

3. sloverlord says:

I used to be the screenplay guy, although my “work” wasn’t a screenplay per se. That was a low point of my life and I always want to say something to the (depressingly numerous) screenplay guys I see every day.

4. Mattz says:

Is it still pretentious if I sit in Starbucks writing on my laptop when its for an RPG game I run for my friends or a fan-expansion for a long-dead wargaming franchise?

I ask because at home, there is more beer within easy reach than tea and coffee and it seems to be affecting my productivity…

5. skeletoncityrepeater says:

Up-and-coming screenwriters and directors often travel in pairs. Often they resemble a paler, pudgier version of the Matrix’s ‘Neo’, except with a Goatee or Van Dyke, and are usually fans of said Matrix franchise. They arrive at cafes and diners with laptops and notebooks in hand, and exhibit particular expertise in discussing their projects AS LOUDLY AS POSSIBLE while still sounding like they are really having a regular conversation. Take caution around these beasts, or you may find out what famous people they know…

6. optuser says:

“That’s a noble cause, but I wouldn’t have killed Hitler. I would’ve raped him…”

7. politeruin says:

I always look forward to these, very funny. Anyone else get reminded of http://www.harkavagrant.com

8. That Neil Guy says:

Reminds me of the title of a John Scalzi book: ‘You’re Not Fooling Anyone When You Take Your Laptop to a Coffee Shop’ http://amzn.to/dlINTf

Love Tom the Dancing Bug so much, so happy to see him here.

10. retchdog says:

The way out of the pretension dilemma is to make yourself take your work seriously and personally while realizing, ironically if you must, that this will only serve to push you, qua pretension, further into the realm of Serious Artist.

btw, I do this with numerical analyses (god bless the thinkpad X61s). Is that worse than screenplays?