Canadian Heritage Minister James Moore today warned against those opposed to his Canadian DMCA, calling them "radical extremists." When Moore claims that critics of his bill are radical extremists, who is he speaking of? Who has criticized parts of the bill or called for reforms? A short list of those critical of the digital lock provisions in C-32 would include:Who are James Moore's "Radical Extremists"?
* Liberal MPs
* NDP MPs
* Bloc MPs
* Green Party
* Canadian Consumer Initiative
* Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada
* Canadian Association of University Teachers
* Canadian Federation of Students
* Canadian Library Association
* Business Coalition for Balanced Copyright
* Retail Council of Canada
* Canadian Bookseller Association
* Documentary Organization of Canada
- Canada's DMCA, dissected
- Canada's DMCA was designed to "satisfy US demand"
- Video explains Canada's DMCA
- 7 Copyright Questions for Canada's DMCA Minister
- Canada's Heritage Minister ready to bring back DMCA-style ...
- Canadian Prime Minister promises to enact a Canadian DMCA in six ...
- How Canada's DMCA will criminalize everyday Canadians
- EU memo on secret copyright treaty confirms US desire for global ...
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.