James Moore's Attack on Fair Copyright
Those people who are out there who are saying that copyright legislation, copyright reform is not good, these are people who are dressing up the fact that they don't believe in copyright reform at all. Right. These people out there who don't believe in copyright at all. They will say, well Bill C-61, the old copyright legislation, we disagreed with these specific provisions. Well, Bill C-32 we have these specific amendments.
Don't fool yourself. These voices that are out there, these people that are out there who pretend to be experts that the media cite all the time. They don't believe in any copyright reform whatsoever. They will find any excuse to oppose this bill, to drum up fear, to mislead, to misdirect, and to push people in the wrong direction and to undermine what has been a meaningful comprehensive year-long effort to get something right.
- Canada's DMCA, dissected
- Video explains Canada's DMCA
- 7 Copyright Questions for Canada's DMCA Minister
- Canada's Heritage Minister ready to bring back DMCA-style ...
- Canadian Prime Minister promises to enact a Canadian DMCA in six ...
- How Canada's DMCA will criminalize everyday Canadians
- EU memo on secret copyright treaty confirms US desire for global ...
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.