Disney is building a bunch of multi-million-dollar McMansions in a gate-guarded suburb on the grounds of Walt Disney World. It's the latest in a series of urbanist experiments stretching back to the original vision Walt had for the Florida property -- the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, or EPCOT.
- Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion: stupendous essay
- Bollywood music video set in Walt Disney World, 1977
- Newlyweds discover their paths crossed in Walt Disney World when ...
- How the ambient sound at Walt Disney World works
- Video of Walt Disney World's Obamabot
- Behold! The new Walt Disney World Fantasyland!
- Photos of rotting, abandoned water park at Walt Disney World Boing ...
- Realityland: the secret history of Walt Disney World
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.