Last week's G20 summit in Toronto saw the extraordinary -- and appalling -- use of
Now the Toronto police have admitted that the law used to harass and search many of those demonstrators wasn't a real law, just something that they made up.
At the same time, disturbing first hand reports of the dangerous and abusive conditions inside the detention centers are emerging online.
Blog.to just got a press tour of the center and has photos.
(Thanks, Chris, Aaron, and Tim!)
- Globe and Mail journalist arrested and kettled at G20 Toronto ...
- Toronto's secret ID law used to arrest G20 protestor
- Just a mellow afternoon at the G20 -
- Canadian cops' history of agents provocateurs and the G20 - Boing ...
- Excellent G20 coverage from Torontoist - Boing Boing
- Photographers' bust-card screened onto a lenscloth - Boing Boing
- Canada: police seeking 2-fingered, heavily-accented fertilizer ...
- Recent Comments - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.