Video about the White House bee hive

10 Responses to “Video about the White House bee hive”

1. technogeek says:

I wish we had more honeybees around here. Unfortunately what we mostly get are carpenter bees. Razza-frassin’ flying drill bits.

2. mgfarrelly says:

Oh I see, the Obama administration wants us working like bees, eh? In a collective? For the greater good of all?

Yes…yes…I see it now. Did you know they had bees in GERMANY back in the 1930′s? And that Stalin used to take honey with his tea?

Think about it people! Glenn Beck warned us!

3. candycritic says:

If I’m not mistaken isn’t the White House Pastry Chef the guy in charge of the hives? Apparently this in one of his gigs since Michelle Obama decided that they would have many fewer sweet treats offered in the White House.

4. atomelectron says:

Mark, I’m sure your kids could teach the White House a few things about Beekeeping, But Molly and Carly have been at it for years and it’s for a great cause. Check out Hives for Lives and see what these awesome kids are up to. http://www.hivesforlives.com/

5. Ito Kagehisa says:

Mark, I’m not sure how big a raritongan $2 piece is, so it doesn’t work for me as a size reference. Can you please post a picture with a Yapanese Rai instead? If you haven’t any Rai, just borrow a zulek or quatloo from Pesco. Thanks!

6. agraham999 says:

I just knew this was going to happen. As soon as Comrade Obama got in, they got rid of the hornets and now have socialist bees at the White House. What’s next? Solar Panels?

Are these bees even American? Has anyone checked their papers?

Although I do like some honey at my Tea Parties.

-Bee Birther

7. bbbaldie says:

VERY cool…:-D

8. Dave Faris says:

OH GOD, NOT THE BEES!

9. dilinger says:

Foundation, blowing the bees off the comb rather violently versus just using an escape board.. this video made me sad.

10. bkad says:

When my dad kept bees, we removed the bees by shaking/brushing them off, not using a leaf blower. The leaf blower is a little bit… aggressive. But I’m sure it works.

Bee blights have made bees much more expensive since then. Also, I think you can’t send them through the mail anymore. That was pretty cool, I thought, coming home from school to see a box of bees next to the mail, waiting to move in.