Bandai's new model of Space Shuttle Endeavour

11 Responses to “Bandai's new model of Space Shuttle Endeavour”

1. Big Daddy says:

Worth noting that LEGO just released it’s Shuttle Adventure set.

Cheaper than this, and more fun, since you can take it apart and build your stuff.

2. tp1024 says:

I’d rather get a Soyuz – a sleek silvery beauty, not that clunky birdsh*t colored heap of scrap. But that’s just my communist infested mind.

3. coaxial says:

And the SpaceLab modules are installed BACKWARDS in the model.

I’m sorry, but that just kills it for me. My cheap diecast models back in the 80s never made that mistake.

• collectSPACE says:

The “SpaceLab modules” are not installed backwards: the layout recreates Endeavour’s payload for its April 2001 STS-100 mission to the International Space Station. From forward to aft in the payload bay you have the exterior airlock and docking adapter; Spacelab pallet carrying the Canadarm2 remote manipulator system, the space station’s primary robotic arm, which was launched on that mission; and the Multi-Purpose Logistics Module (MPLM) “Raffaello,” which was temporarily berthed on the station to deliver supplies and equipment and then returned to Earth with Endeavour.

That’s not to say that the model is not without a few issues. At present, it appears that Bandai has mistaken the orbiter boom sensor system (OBSS) — the 50-foot extension to the shuttle’s Canadarm mounted on the starboard sill of the payload bay — for a second robotic arm.

4. juepucta says:

Nice to see that they included the Canadarm!

(read the wiki for more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadarm )

-G.

5. grimc says:

Also pictured: The Space Shuttle program replacement, the Space Winny. Not as much room for cargo, but a heckuva lot more fun.

6. dhalgren says:

This model is so full of awesome it makes me sick to my stomach because I can’t afford it. $$$ towards new computer or kick-ass model? Sigh.

7. Chentzilla says:

I like the spacemen.

Where’s the bathroom on this ride?