Klepto-pedo-cat steals young women's underwear

35 Responses to “Klepto-pedo-cat steals young women's underwear”

1. robulus says:

I’m really disappointed that Boing Boing would run a story about a cat that steals young women’s underwear as if this were just too funny. If you’re so hip and think you’re so “all that” that young women’s underwear doesn’t mean a thing to you anymore, you’ve got serious problems.

• Felton says:

Hehe! Plus, giving it all this exposure could, you know, lead to copycat crimes.

• Ambiguity says:

I don’t know, I can’t help but wonder that if young women’s underwear does mean all that much to a person that they, you know, may want to think about it, ’cause maybe there are some underlying problems.

• robulus says:

I’m old enough that young women’s underwear doesn’t mean that much to me, but I’m not so old I can’t remember when it did.

• Felton says:

Yeah, but I enjoyed yours as well, since I remembered the comment you were spoofing from that other thread. Well done, to you and Phikus. :-)

• robulus says:

Just doing my job.

Or, more specifically, not doing my job, and stuffing around writing obscure self referential comments on Boing Boing.

But nice to know someone’s paying attention…

• robrobroach says:

at least there was no mentioned of soiled underwear being the real party piece of this skilled four legged fiend!

Sounds like you have a melcryptovestimentaphiliac cat on your hands…

3. angusm says:

What is it with the gardening gloves? Is it just a crime of opportunity, or is there more to it?

My friend’s cat does the same thing. His prey of choice is gardening gloves, but on occasion he has been known to bring home infant-sized footie pajamas, fortunately without the infant inside.

4. Phrosty says:

I’m beginning to wish all of my daily news were delivered in this manner.

5. pjcamp says:

Awwwwwww. . . Somebody figured out the Magic Wand tool.

6. Lady Katey says:

Not funny, not funny, not funny, FUNNY!

Persistence pays off. Cheers, Xeni.

7. Felton says:

From the article:

Eager to please his new owners, Peter and Birgitt Weismantel, 13-year-old Oscar had been bringing home presents to the family home in Portswood, a suburb of the southern coastal town of Southampton.

It’s the perfect crime, because everyone thinks cats are untrainable. ;^D

• Brainspore says:

Maybe Mr. Weismantel is stealing the panties and just blamed the cat when the cops started to get wise.

But seriously, I don’t know why so many cat owners think that they should be able to let their pets roam free but don’t take responsibility for the animal’s feces/bird-killing/underpants thievery. They know the cat steals clothing several times a day and still don’t keep the thing locked up? Bad neighbors!!

8. Irene Delse says:

If it was only the underwear. This cat goes straight for the… well, just look at the video:

Choo choo bear?

10. millrick says:

“We can’t give him back now as he makes such an effort with all these gifts.”

wouldn’t want to hurt the little guy’s feelings.
    he might eat you when you die, after all

11. Felton says:

Well, it may be a moot point for this kitty, if he can’t afford a good lawyer.

12. Phikus says:

OMG this is horrible! How could you make light of such a horrible tragedy by putting surprised cat on the graphic! Oh the catlamity!

13. Talia says:

@anonymous RE: choo choo bear –

hahah yes, Choo Choo bear indeed! Get an account so you can be adequately commended and remembered for your most appropriate commentary!

(for the not in the know, do read the webcomic ‘Something Positive’).

Perhaps a catastrophe for the neighbours? Our cat is fond of anything metallic and I have warned the neighbours, but as she doesn’t break into houses it really only matters if I forget and put my car keys where she can reach them. As all her trophies end up beside her food dish, it really isn’t a big deal.

As for locking kitties up, I will do that with mine when there is no longer a rodent problem (check English law — Henry the IV I think) and when all the dog owners do the same with their much larger and much more dangerous ‘pets’.

15. David Carroll says:

Oscar sez:

Less cat. More knickers.

Just look at that astonished cat. Just look at it.

17. IronEdithKidd says:

Having had all of my underwear stolen from a laundromat when I was at university, I can say it’s a very creepy and expensive experience. The bastard made off with quite a bit of stuff from boutiques. My housemate also had her undies stolen from the same laundromat. The creep was eventually caught, with at least five 20 gallon garbage bags full of ladies undies. I did not try to recover mine, FSM knows what he did with 5 Hefty bags of undies.

As for kitteh theeves, my little tuxedo cat will move nearly any light-weight cloth around the house. Her favorite targets are socks, hotpads, baby bibs, and woolen gloves. She has brought me cash on a couple occasions, for which she was highly praised (she brought money directly to my feet!). Good kitteh!

Since the cat doesn’t seem to be stealing kids undies for some sort of gratification, he doesn’t deserve to be labeled as a pedo.

But …

He is trying to please his owners with special gifts. Maybe he knows something about them they’d rather not discuss.

What???? I am the first to say:

NOM NOM NOM

20. HouseofNina says:

Meanwhile, in America, @45 people will have been murdered today.

Friggin’ Brits.