Full-body scanners will not be used in Dubai airports because the systems "contradict Islam, and out of respect for the privacy of individuals and their personal freedom," said the head of the Dubai police force airport security division, in a Dubai newspaper. Brigadier Pilot Ahmad Mohammad Bin Thani added, "The scanners will be replaced with other inspection systems that reserve travellers' privacy."
- Naked airport scanner catches cellphone, misses bomb components ...
- Naked scanner reveals airport screener's tiny penis, sparks steel ...
- Airport worker caught photographing screen as female worker passed ...
- Creepy "naked scanners" violate child porn laws in UK
- What the TSA's new body scanner images look like
- Airport scanners aren't a major health risk
- TSA lied: naked-scanners can store and transmit images
- Millimeter wave scan machine at Denver Airport
Boing Boing editor/partner and tech culture journalist Xeni Jardin hosts and produces Boing Boing's in-flight TV channel on Virgin America airlines (#10 on the dial), and writes about living with breast cancer. Diagnosed in 2011. @xeni on Twitter. email: email@example.com.