Brain Slug Cupcakes at Final Futurama Script Reading

19 Responses to “Brain Slug Cupcakes at Final Futurama Script Reading”

1. Stay_Sane_Inside_Insanity says:

“and David “X” Cohen, through whose good offices (and my dear friend, his sister) I garnered an invite.”

Surely it should be “good auspices”?

“The show hasn’t been canceled. This was the last of the current order of episodes by Cartoon Network, but Futurama has rebirthed itself before.”

It should be Comedy Central, not Cartoon Network.

3. PapayaSF says:

Last night’s episode was pretty good, but last week’s had to be one of their all-time worst: little more than a heavy-handed campaign commercial against Prop 8. Folks, you can do better than spoonfeeding us a political message in a way that makes those ’70s after school specials seem subtle and nuanced.

4. Tim says:

Gah…

I recommend fixing the blurb that’s on the main page. I started getting very worried until I clicked on the actual article to comment and then read the “The show hasn’t been canceled,” addition.

I mean c’mon. You write “very final script reading” and it sounds like it’s been axed again. I don’t know if I can take that.

5. Glenn Fleishman says:

As I understand it (partly from David’s public interviews) is that no decision’s been made, but this was the last script for the schedule, and it won’t air for about two years. I’m trying not to talk out of school, as it were, since I’m a hanger-on!

6. Tim says:

Will it help it get renewed again if I say “Please” and bake a cake for the executives at Comedy Central?

Cause I will.

• Tim says:

As soon as my student loans come through, I’ll get on that!

(I know my priorities.)

• Tim says:

Yeah, I remember the article posted here by the exec at SyFy.

Sometimes reality hurts though. It’s nice to think I can live in a world where intelligent shows actually get to stay on the air.

• EH says:

Hah, BB’s commenting system ensnares even Ms. Jardin.

• BongoBen says:

These slugs look deliciously/suspiciously like the real things that have taken over my garden. Well at least they look better than the Earwigs. Yeache!

• aliciapolicia! says:

I woulda liked to make them some Brain Slug cupcakes myself, http://boingboing.net/2010/01/25/brain-slug-cupcakes.html , but their being there in some semblance is still good!

• apoxia says:

Just wanted to say that I think the currently screening season of Futurama is the best yet, I love the show!

• Glenn Fleishman says:

I found the interview with David Cohen over at Syfy in which he explains the “26-episode season,” by the way, and when episodes will air over the next two years.

“We’re doing 26, but Comedy Central is going to air them as two seasons of 12, plus two specials. At least, that’s the current plan,” said Cohen. “So this summer run will be 12. The first 12 are gonna air straight through every week from June 24th through the first week of September, every Thursday night at 10 p.m. And they’re showing the first two consecutively on the 24th. So 12 will be this mini-season, I guess, at Comedy Central. And then we have a Christmas special, or a holiday special, I should say, in December. And then another season of, we think, 12 in 2011, and another special.”

• JonStewartMill says:

Is Kristin Gore still associated with the show? Or any of the original writers?

• Tomas says:

Thank you, thank you for the excellent pics of the brain slug cupcakes!

Happy to have Futurama back with new episodes (I already have all the DVDs).