Very weird music video by Beach House

20 Responses to “Very weird music video by Beach House”

I was introduced to Beach House via the (UK) ‘single of the week’ via iTunes a while back.

Thanks iTunes! (You don’t get to say that often …)

My only gripe about the music video is that it isn’t a music video. It’s just a cool short film with the music played over the top. I see little linkage. Nothing ‘wrong’ with that … but I like a tie-in; or at least some characters mouthing the song as a cop-out.

I was so focused on what was going on in the video, I tuned out the music. Now I’ve got to go back and play it again to see if the song was any good.

3. Alex3917 says:

Weird. It seems like there is a whole genre of drug-inspired hipster music videos emerging. Here is another example below:

I guess it just shows that each generation/subculture has their own take on the psychedelic experience.

4. yerbamatte says:

Oh yeah, that’s the stuff. I really enjoyed that.

5. SAMO1415 says:

Nicely done. I thought the sandwich was a symbol of peace at first. It turns out it was a Trojan Horse!

Also, unless I missed something in the most recent Indiana Jones film, I think the chest-dig is a reference to the Temple of Doom?

Mola Ram…Mola Ram… KALI MA!!!!

6. jaypee says:

Today is my birthday and this video is a satisfying and wholesome gift.

Thank you Beach House, David P., and BB.

i don’t care what happens in this video or who thinks i’m a hipster. this song is awesome.

8. i_prefer_yeti says:

Same day sandwich!

Looks like someone’s been reading their Charles Burns.

10. Elite Hacker says:

Quite possibly my favorite music video in a very very long time.

I think the video is too silly for the song. I’ve been listening to them since their first album and they were always pretty good. But their latest? Oh boy! My album of the year so far.

it would have been cooler with a selleck waterfall sandwhich, but, whatever.

13. Daedalus says:

One Sentence Summary:
    A Werewolf in Williamsburg, Brooklyn is tormented by a screaming foursome of furies, culminating in a butt-kicking, which he thwarts with the power of an LSD sandwich pulled from his chest.

Aesop:
    This music video is about how white people hipsters (and their dogs) are racist against things that don’t grow beards.

14. MrsBug says:

Weird? That’s not weird. This is weird. But awesome!

15. mag says:

walter shmalter!

on facebook

16. JoshP says:

I’m afraid I have to post the following comment in stream of consciousness:
    You birthed a sandwich? reality. Buffy Vampires vs. wolfman. Wolfboy won. OMFG, take up a pipe, a lit lighter that close to that much facial hair? teenagers suck suck suck That must be a hella recessive. Spit? really? poor bastards all all.
    nice weimeraner, wait, woof… will that duck tape hold up longer than the picture?
    Sorry, I find SOC to be painful but that video could only be rendered thus.

17. surrealestate says:

Is it weird that I watched the whole thing mostly because I wanted to see what kind of sandwich it would be? I was expecting a sub, myself.

great fucking band, and david lynch film school amateur video.
    awesome.
    i think that was lynchesque? amidoinitrite?

19. Gilgongo says:

Interesting.

He looks very much like Jamie Oliver at 4:00 after the introduction of the sandwich, I think.