Draw a Sasquatch the Ed Emberley Way

11 Responses to “Draw a Sasquatch the Ed Emberley Way”

Remember Mark Kistler too?

• benher says:

DUDE! I can’t believe you busted out with Mark Kistler! That guy and Ed Emberly were (and in many ways still are!) my undefeated art senseis!

2. harryhoody says:

Ed Emberley and Richard Scary were a huge part of my childhood. Does anyone remember a guy who drew this giant, futuristic space scene on PBS in the early 90s?

Also, just wanted to give a shout-out to Bill Cosby and Picture Pages. Pudding Pops.

3. benher says:

Wasn’t that the aforementioned Mark Kistler? Also, Richard Scary!! Whoopty Woot!

4. tsdguy says:

Sigh, talented people make me sick. 8-) Even if I traced every image, my drawings would be unrecognizable.

I hope people that can draw, paint, etc. realize how special they are and that their talent is amazing and wonderful.

OMG! Thank you for posting this! I had these books as a kid and have long since lost them and could not remember what they were. The moment I saw your picture, I knew it was the books I had. Thanks a bunch for posting this!

6. The Hamster King says:

I’m a professional videogame designer and my rough concept sketches STILL look like Ed Emberley drawings. I was thrilled when I went through the books at my parents’ house a few years ago and found my old copy of “Make A World”. Yay, Ed! Without you and Richard Scarry, my childhood would have been much less interesting.

• Ben says:

“Without you and Richard Scarry, my childhood would have been much less interesting.”

You too? Throw in the guy that did the “Draw 50 _____” books, and we’ve got a trifecta.

7. bfarn says:

Ok, a cursory google images search didn’t find it, but I distinctly remember growing up around my dad’s snarky poster entitled: How to draw a square, a circle, and a rectangle.

You see, you start with a parrot, then you erase the eyes, the feathers, the legs….

8. The Hamster King says:

Draw, draw, draw! Draw every day! Bring a positive attitude to your drawing!

9. azaner says:

Ed Emberley was a cornerstone to my childhood.

Mark Kistler came along a little later (for me at least), and always struck my introverted sensibilities as a bit too intense–like the love-child of Doug Henning and Rip Taylor. But bless his heart, he’s still going strong today, and his enthusiasm is still engaging kids in drawing. And that’s pretty cool.