Lurid brain-buckets protect your noggin in style

19 Responses to “Lurid brain-buckets protect your noggin in style”

1. godisafiction says:

They do seem like they’re just concepts as the image printed on the melon-helmet doesn’t change as the point of view changes.
    That said, I think a repeated pattern of organ donor consent forms would be good too.

2. Sweetcarovan says:

I love how the images highlight the fragility of the head. I bet that car or truck drivers would be more careful around people wearing these helmets.

3. Edd says:

I think the brain one is back to front,

• Anonymous says:

No it isn’t. The temporal gyrus is aligned correctly.

• Snig says:

It looks a little cramped, and it may have been given a little of a frontal lobotomy to fit the design, but the “thumb” (temporal lobe) is pointing anterior. Though I’ve certainly had days when it feels like my brain is on backwards. Agree w/ Sweetcarovan that it might make people notice them more, and heightens the fragility. Though its slightly tempting to get out more of that delicious flesh of the melon.

Want penis head design kthxbi.

These are cool, and remind me of the Fukasaw juice cartons…

which are amazing

Nutcase Helmets has some similar designs in bicycle, water, and snow sport variations.

7. Jack says:

Wow. Must say, these are interesting, but they creep the heck out of me.

Man I would love to buy the globe one, they seem just like concepts. please post again or update if there is a way of buying them

9. nickodemus says:

It looks like concept art to me, but I”d definately buy one when they come out

Hey hey hey,wait a sec, nobody’s asking the important question: HOW MUCH ARE THEY!!?

11. Art says:

I smell…. KELVAR!

12. Mark Dow says:

Please don’t forget the cerebellum is a useful part of every healthy brain. It is important for coordination, among many other things.

shame they’re not full face helmets. At this size they should really be images of bowls of pudding.

Pretty awesome however whatever they’re applied to needs careful consideration. A lot of the glues used on stickers can damage the plastic on a helmet enough to reduce it’s efficacy (even a 1% drop could still be life/death). However these helmets have no chin/face protection which would personally put me off every time (without my helmets face protection a few years back I would have no face).

That said there are suitable materials to choose from, just needs to be a consideration.

15. falnfenix says:

i would never wear a helmet that didn’t cover my face. road rash on chins and noses tends to destroy the part in question.

16. knowles says:

in b4 racism

I saw the watermelon one on a bike rider in SF on friday. I remember wanting to find one.