Every year, Orbit Books's summer intern conducts a survey of fantasy novel cover-art for the year. This year, Orbit is releasing the data as a series, with commentary. Fascinating stuff: 'We have concrete evidence that the big three fantasy cover clichés ("castles", "glowy magic", and "swords") are in decline. The 50% reduction in castles can only mean one thing.'
- Time-lapse of book-cover design
- Race and book covers: why is there a white girl on the cover of ...
- Good Show Sir: "only the worst Sci-Fi/Fantasy book covers" - Boing ...
- Jacket design for Mark's new book!
- Pelican book cover design
- Comic book covers redrawn
- Best book covers of 2008
- Ugly and Bizarre book covers
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.