The editors of Scientific American said it well back in May 2005: "Tagging ... kids becomes a form of indoctrination into an emerging surveillance society that young minds should be learning to question."Don't Let Schools Chip Your Kids (Thanks, Mary, via Submitterator!)
- Video of a guy implanting an RFID chip into his hand
- How to hack RFID-enabled credit cards for $8 TV
- Credit-card companies killed Mythbusters segment on RFID ...
- RFID Rube Goldberg device
- Britain will make foreigners carry RFID identity cards and will ...
- HOWTO kill/block an RFID
- Disney kills its spy-on-your-kids phones
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.