Art Deco motorcycle mod

19 Responses to “Art Deco motorcycle mod”

1. Grey Devil says:

I imagine riding this bike would be difficult but the aesthetics are uncompromising and beautiful.

Makes me wonder why art deco designs for vehicles aren’t more prevalent. They’re aerodynamic, timeless, and carefully crafted.

2. CH says:

That’s just beautiful! But yeah, the proportions are totally off.

I want a car like that!

3. Rickmccl says:

Sorry, Cory, RTFA Fail.

Frank is the restorer, not the modder.

” bike was originally built by O. Ray Courtney in 1936 ”

That is authentic Deco.

It’s an amazing looking bike, until you see the guy riding it and realize that the scale is totally off and it’s small and awkward. Still neat though. Like a 1930′s predecessor of a Tron bike.

• peterbruells says:

Jeeper. It sure looks nice, but the size, the size….

I can but use the German expression „Wie ein Affee auf dem Schleifstein“ – like a monkey on a grind wheel – to describe the, err, sitting experience ion that thing.

5. sapere_aude says:

That is simply gorgeous. I want one.

I’m not a motorcycle guy. Never been impressed by bikes; never understood their appeal; never even ridden one. But I’d become a motorcycle guy if all motorcycles looked like this.

Of course, if I had one of these, I’d probably keep it in my living room, just so I could look at it all the time. But I’m sure I’d be tempted to ride it every now and then, too.

Nothing beats the Art Deco design. Nothing.

• Anonymous says:

sapre, agreed. I’d also add that the windshield needs to be angled higher for real use. Seems to be pretty useless at that angle.

That thing is breathtaking. I want to make sweet motorcycle love to it.

7. MrJM says:

Now we know what God rides.

8. noah django says:

After google-imaging “henderson motorcycle,” this mod job becomes all the more impressive. Stock Hendersons are plenty beautiful, but are from the 1910s and 20s and therefore more closely resemble bicycles with engines. This mod is incredible.

Hats off to you, Mr. Westfall!

9. Art says:

From 1980 to 1990, I was the senior designer for Donald Deskey Assoc in NYC. Deskey was the mid-century deco master who designed Radio City Music Hall.

That being said, I KNOW Art Deco…
    And this motorcycle is one of the most magnificent, authentic and entirely original art deco masterpieces I’ve ever seen.

Congratulations!

10. octopussoup says:

Beautiful bike. I wonder though how well the front wheel can actually turn

It’s amusing how many comments concerning the size are being posted. I have seen this bike and it’s impressively large in scale. This bike is a one of a kind priceless beauty. It takes a certain madness to bring this bike back to it’s former glory and Frank Westfall is that madman that made it happen.

12. RedShirt77 says:

It’s a beautiful bike, but tiny.

13. Blue says:

THAT is how bikes should look.

(Only, you know, bigger.)

Oh, and cars and trains and buses and goddamn everything.

14. holtt says:

I was sorta O_o when I saw the pic of the guy riding it with a drink in his hand, looking like he was tipping.

This looks like it would be a great fit for a more petite rider…size isn’t everything, you know!

16. Daemon says:

This is to motorcycle design what the Phantom Corsair is to car design… perfection.